Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitaldave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Ive just started playing Final Fantasy XV, but I'm wondering if it's worth doing all the side quests, hunts, tours etc. Are they worth doing, or are they a pointless waste of time?

Thanks,

Dave.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ive just started playing Final Fantasy XV, but I'm wondering if it's worth doing all the side quests, hunts, tours etc. Are they worth doing, or are they a pointless waste of time?

Thanks,

Dave.

I've been doing them as with all these type of games - at some point you will end up having to grind to get your level up if you jump through the story campaign - you will be completely underpowered.

I'm about 16 hours in and I am at level 30 and i'm not too far into the story I don't think and some of the battles are still really challenging.

Also despite being so far into the game hours wise, I am still discovering things - such as I wasn't selling my junk collected during game and found accumulating gil really hard - it still is. Also make sure you go back to cindy and cid regularly as they will upgrade your car and weapons - something again that isn't really explained or intuitive and you will need those upgraded weapons.

I'm liking the game overall, but i'm not a big fan of the main cast of goth jocks - who are all a bit cliche and lacking the depth of bioware characters and cindy is a total japanese RPG stereotype showing off here breast and ass cheeks, which as a garage mechanic are really inappropriate for the job :D

JohnGrey

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2012
Cincinnati Metro

Thanks,

Dave.

What MRU said. Side quests were added to Final Fantasy to broaden the palatability of titles beyond gamers, like myself, that love the repetitive grind and don't need extraneous plot points to justify the time investment. If you don't do them and you're not willing to grind outright, you're going to get squished relative early in main story.

digitaldave

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll be doing side quests then!

Dave

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
The pocket edition of FFXV was just released. The prologue is identical to the PS4 game, so it seems it's a remake it mobile graphics in mind. Was hoping for a different storyline...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.