Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
so while the intrl folks wait for their own stores, they can stream from their friends' collections from across the pond?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Originally posted by x86isslow
so while the intrl folks wait for their own stores, they can stream from their friends' collections from across the pond?

Hey, that's not a bad idea. Could someone send a message to the guy who bought $ 29,500 of tunes to install this? Pleeeeeeze? :D

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
apple had this for a little while, but people abused it :)

iJon

amnesiac1984

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2002
Europe
I doubt this will work with tunes bought at the store. THe DRM is still in the files even if they are streamed, so
a) you will have to have iTunes
b) you will have to make your work computer one of the 3 computers that work with your tunes.

edit: it actually only supports MP3 so that rules out iTMS songs completely (they AAC). I don't see why not though, Surely you can stream an unprotected AAC through a web site just as easily as any audio format no? And isn't this software just a simple webserver with a database created from the iTunes library?

coolsoldier

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2003
The 909
Originally posted by iJon
apple had this for a little while, but people abused it :)

Had the protection system is this program been in the original iTunes (i.e. only four different computers can access it) it wouldn't have been so easily abused.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by coolsoldier
Had the protection system is this program been in the original iTunes (i.e. only four different computers can access it) it wouldn't have been so easily abused.
well i still jacked about 20 albums within that week it worked, it was quite nice.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.