Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Still have my old iPhone 6s Plus hopefully they support it up to iOS 14 at least!

It feels so great to be able to get rid of ads in the App store!

Reactions: Smokeyy20

mrwamck

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I have an iPad Pro 10,5 with IOS 13.3 and I tried to follow the instructions at
but when I click on the link that says:
Hexxa plus download from zJailbreak
I get an error saying that I cannot install zJaillbreak from your computer. Please visit this link
from Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
I am on my iPad running the Saafari browser. What am I missing?

Thanks
William

mrwamck

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I followed the Checkra1n Jailbreak Guide shown above if you click on the Jailbreak IOS 13.3.
It ran very easy. I even installed Cydia.
Then I decided to go back to the standard iOS so I went into Settings and went to Reset clicked
on Erase All Content and Settings. The iPad came up with the standard installation and I set the ipad up as a new iPad. Got the standard IOS and apps.
I then went in an did a restore from a backup, which has never had Cydia on it, and after the resore I got my IOS with all my apps but Cydia still showed up on the desktop. Now why is this? And I cannot remove it. Is there something I missed or is there a bug somewhere? I did the restore with iTunes from a backup I had from 2019-12-19.
Can anyone explain please.
Thanks
William

mrwamck

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I followed the Checkra1n Jailbreak Guide shown above if you click on the Jailbreak IOS 13.3.
It ran very easy. I even installed Cydia.
Then I decided to go back to the standard iOS so I went into Settings and went to Reset clicked
on Erase All Content and Settings. The iPad came up with the standard installation and I set the ipad up as a new iPad. Got the standard IOS and apps.
I then went in an did a restore from a backup, which has never had Cydia on it, and after the resore I got my IOS with all my apps but Cydia still showed up on the desktop. Now why is this? And I cannot remove it. Is there something I missed or is there a bug somewhere? I did the restore with iTunes from a backup I had from 2019-12-19.
Can anyone explain please.
Thanks
William
Well I redid the Restore with a new ipsw fiile and ran the restore from iTunes and then did the Restore Backup and now Cydia is gone. Been years since I last ran Jailbreaks and there seems to be missing all the good stuff from way back when. anyways I back to the standard iPadOS and probably will stay there for the time being.
/William
[automerge]1579646534[/automerge]
I have an iPad Pro 10,5 with IOS 13.3 and I tried to follow the instructions at
but when I click on the link that says:
Hexxa plus download from zJailbreak
I get an error saying that I cannot install zJaillbreak from your computer. Please visit this link
from Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
I am on my iPad running the Saafari browser. What am I missing?

Thanks
William
No reply needed to this entry.
/William

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
On my iPad Pro, the only jailbreak tweak I use is Springtomize and iCleaner Pro. Outside of that, I leave it stock. And honestly, I could live without those two tweaks (yet it is nice to hide icons I never use and keep a cleaner setup.)

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've had a Pixel for 2 years and haven't had any issues. What makes you think iOS isn't prone to vulnerabilities?
I'm not saying it isn't vulnerable. Apple has a very strict vetting process for apps submitted to their store whereas Google Play allows pretty much anything in and then takes their sweet time pulling it once it's been identified as malicious.

Proactive versus reactive.

Also, you can install anything you want from anywhere on Android even without rooting. This is also a huge vulnerability and puts a lot of responsibility on the user. iPhones require a jailbreak to install from third party repositories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.