Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
Waiting with great curiosity of what Apple is going to do with the MB Air and how it is going to fit between rMBP and rMB. However, I wouldn't expect much from any integrated graphics gpu regarding gaming, although the new ones will surely be better than the existing (I couldn't imagine the opposite).

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Maybe they'll use a mobile AMD RX GPU?

The RX 470 card I just got has fans that turn on only when the card is working hard.

The fans don't even turn on for Everspace which is capped at 60fps and I'm running it at 1080p Ultra settings... :eek:

I just read somewhere's yesterday that the new Intel IG is gonna be huge step as well...

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I have been waiting a year, mainly because I have been saving up (see sig) for a new iMac.
And I feel like whichever Mac they come out with this year. That it's at least an improvement over the one that's out right now. I am going to let it go that they're ruining the graphics card side of things again. No use at the moment to really complain about it until we see the specs sheets on their website.

kiwipeso1

Suspended
Sep 17, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
The Macbook Air and Macbook Retina should be the first Kaby Lake processors on macs.
MBA will have enough power for current games until 2017 blockbusters require discrete is the usual way it works.
Personally, I am waiting for the larger MBP with TB3 and preferably 1TB or larger SSD.

Then again, I'll mainly be programming.

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
This is a claim based on traces of new hardware support found in macOS (Sierra). Which makes a clickbaiting headline, however the only thing we can be sure of is:

"new Apple computers will NOT happen before October and there is no published timeline of them happening thereafter."

All the rest is, unfortunately, just a speculation of paid-per-clicks journalists.

Reactions: arefbe

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
This is a claim based on traces of new hardware support found in macOS (Sierra). Which makes a clickbaiting headline, however the only thing we can be sure of is:

"new Apple computers will NOT happen before October and there is no published timeline of them happening thereafter."

All the rest is, unfortunately, just a speculation of paid-per-clicks journalists.
September isn't the hardware line - I think they almost never released an iMac in September.

Personally I think mobile is first, including laptops, following the iPhone and the Watch and the operating systems.
With October/November releases in the past, and rumours about laptops being higher in the list, and basically nothing about the iMac, the next step is mobile desktops, rather than desktop desktops.

Fosty

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
I was hoping for some Computer love last night. The MacPro really needs an update
If the MacPro update is not a home run this year (meaning they give up the trash can design). It will likely be the last MacPro as the remaining power users abandon Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.