Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gnik Nus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2022
I'm just posting this to tell how delighted I am that Pages 14 for Mac finally (finally!) gives us back the ability to select non-contiguous text holding the command key.

Apple denied Mac users that possibility for I don't know how many years. They removed the feature on Pages 5 or something, I believe. Why? Maybe just because it wasn't possible to select non-contiguous text on the iPad? I don't know how many times I requested the feature through the feedback page. And now it's finally here.

One step closer to making Pages a true alternative for MS Word.

Anybody as happy as me?

galad

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2022
The iWork macOS and iOS versions diverged, because the initial iOS versions had to run on a quite limited hardware, and so a large part of the rendering engine was rewritten to work decently inside the iDevices constraints.
When it was the time to merge back the two codebases, they chose to keep and improve the iOS versions. Unfortunately some features of the original Mac versions took a long time to be added back.

Reactions: arefbe and Gnik Nus

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
I'm just posting this to tell how delighted I am that Pages 14 for Mac finally (finally!) gives us back the ability to select non-contiguous text holding the command key.

Apple denied Mac users that possibility for I don't know how many years. They removed the feature on Pages 5 or something, I believe. Why? Maybe just because it wasn't possible to select non-contiguous text on the iPad? I don't know how many times I requested the feature through the feedback page. And now it's finally here.

One step closer to making Pages a true alternative for MS Word.

Anybody as happy as me?
I've been groaning about this for years about this (nearly 5 per this old post of mine). So happy to see it. I don't use Pages as much these days but it's a very welcome update.

Few understand our pain.

Reactions: Gnik Nus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.