Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
This Magsafe Charger was sold out for a couple of months. A friend of mine has one and the only complaint he has is his Apple Watch U2 with a stainless steel band unblances the Cube and it falls over. He likes it because of how it folds up and fits in his travel case. He is an on the road engineer for GE.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 13.33.10.png

Reactions: Agile55

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I wonder if my hatred for slower charging wireless chargers vs fast charging wired is why I never am interested in 3-1 chargers.

Not interested in one for my bed, and not interested in traveling with one. And I have traveled more than most humans within millions of miles logged and thousands of hotel nights over the years, so it's not like I don't have fine tuned systems in place. This just does not appeal.

I have been fast charging my phones with chargers and battery packs since you could fast charge an iPhone. Lately, my M2 Max 16" MBP is my hub at night supported by the Anker 737 140w battery pack and some nitecore battery packs.

I only need a few cables and my 140w Apple brick and I can quickly charge all my devices(phone, watches, AirPods Pro and a 15.6" 4k OLED travel monitor).

That big square brick just looks awkward AF. I already don't love the bulkiness of the Anker 737 Power Bank, but the fact that it fast charges at ~140w means I can power an insane amount of devices and still recharge the brick in like 30 min with the apple charger. It's max charging of EVERYTHING when wired makes the bulk worth it.

Only ever charging my phone at 15w with this thing would bother me.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Congrats on scoring a restocked cube! I’m really enjoying my Anker cube for my nightstand and travel. I’m surprised your friend has had issues with the cube stability with the Apple Watch Ultra 2. The cube is heavy and planted for me, but admittedly I don’t use metal bands. The weight, materials, fit and finish, small footprint, and clean lines come through as premium and appeal to me more than any of the larger charger trees.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
  • Love
Reactions: ebika and Agile55

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have a minor issue with the Apple Watch Charger on the 3 in 1. My Ultra 2 has to be very carefully placed on the charging stand, and only with the "crown" side in. It would work just fine with the Series 9 but the U2 sticks out to much. This isn't necessary a deal breaker but had I known this detail I might have looked at another Magsafe charger.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
I have a minor issue with the Apple Watch Charger on the 3 in 1. My Ultra 2 has to be very carefully placed on the charging stand, and only with the "crown" side in. It would work just fine with the Series 9 but the U2 sticks out to much. This isn't necessary a deal breaker but had I known this detail I might have looked at another Magsafe charger.
You might consider getting a replacement, or jiggle the slide out watch charger shelf. My Ultra 2 doesn’t require any careful placement on my cube charger.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
You might consider getting a replacement, or jiggle the slide out watch charger shelf. My Ultra 2 doesn’t require any careful placement on my cube charger.
The problem is the cover I have on the U2. It is very minimal but it has a feature on the left side that locks the emergency call button from accidental activation. It sticks out enough to prevent proper placement. I don't really need the cover I just like the Casio "G-Shock" look.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 08.43.00.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.