Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flynn1900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
So I misplaced my AirPods a few days ago and I went to the Find My app to locate them as I usually do with the old find my iPhone app and... They don't appear in my list of devices. I've been running dev beta since day one and have used my AirPods multiple times with my apple devices since, so I was shocked not to see them there.

I also am unable to get Siri to announce messages with my AirPods or with CarPlay. I'm just not seeing the option. Is this limited to some devices? I've got an iPhone X

Edit: I tried using Siri to locate my AirPods, who responded with "They are no linked AirPods on your iCloud account". They still show up in my bluetooth settings on all my devices though, but I'm guessing this may explain why they don't show up in Find My and I don't have the option to enable Siri Announce Messages

Last edited:

flynn1900

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
If they’re outside Bluetooth range they can’t be tracked.

They would still show up in the Find My iPhone App and would simply say location not available. Just like any apple device not currently online but still linked to iCloud. Didn't you just say that this was never a feature, only to now say that it is only a feature when they are in bluetooth range?

IndianBird

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
They would still show up in the Find My iPhone App and would simply say location not available. Just like any apple device not currently online but still linked to iCloud. Didn't you just say that this was never a feature, only to now say that it is only a feature when they are in bluetooth range?

I assumed from the first post we were talking about them being lost outside Bluetooth range. I clarified my point once I realized you had a little bit more experience than I previously expected.

I shouldn’t have assumed either.

My apologies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.