Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArkieBiker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Arkansas
I have looked at the "Find My" guide and did not find the answer to my question. Both my wife and I have sharing on the FIND MY app of our phones. In the old version of FIND MY IPHONE, you could swipe down in an area of the screen to "REFRESH" or update the location, however I am not able to do this in iOS13...instead I have to actually close the app and then restart it to get it to UPDATE or refresh?

Am I missing something, or is there a way to refresh the screen to update the location without leaving the app? Thanks.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
I haven’t figured out a way to manually refresh either (without closing the app and re-opening).

Reactions: ArkieBiker

d.steve

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2012
No idea if you can ask for a global refresh, either.

My phone's location updates dynamically, but I can't tell what happens with other people/devices. If I tap on a device that doesn't show updated "now", it tries to update it. Does that help?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I've had it on the beta for the past couple of months and find that it refreshes automatically. No longer need to do it manually. You can always go out to the main Find My screen and then tap on the individual name as well and it will refresh "manually" then to show where that individual is.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
The Find My app never allowed a refresh more than about once a minute, probably to limit battery drain on the device on the other end. So even if they had a button, you'd be waiting the same amount of time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.