Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I've looked all over and can not find how to send a friend request using Find My. I only see how to enable accepting them.
Does anyone know how to send a My Find friend request in IOS 13?

coldwaves

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2011
I was confused by that as well. I can only see two ways to do friend request on iOS 13. You can ask the person you want to see location to share location with you. Alternatively, you can share your own location to the person. Once your request is sent, the other part will have the option to share their location as well. Is this the only way to do this on iOS 13?

I found the old way more intuitive. If I want to see the location of a person, I made the request. If he/she approves, I will be able to see their location.

Reactions: AJsAWiz

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I was confused by that as well. I can only see two ways to do friend request on iOS 13. You can ask the person you want to see location to share location with you. Alternatively, you can share your own location to the person. Once your request is sent, the other part will have the option to share their location as well. Is this the only way to do this on iOS 13?

I found the old way more intuitive. If I want to see the location of a person, I made the request. If he/she approves, I will be able to see their location.
I agree, yes the old way was more intuitive. I send my friend requests in the same way you mentioned last.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.