Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielbrowning

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Hi all.

As the subject says. In the Find My Friends app, the Notify me button is disabled and therefore does nothing. Why?

I have an iPhone 5, so up to date with iOS6 and the latest Find My Friends app. My wife has a 4S with a clean install of iOS6 and the latest Find My Friends app, plus I have at least one other friend with a 3GS, fully updated etc. The Notify Me button is disabled for all my friends list.

Any suggestions?

zobby

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Ive found this too - but if I add a new person I can then activate notifications for that new person - it's probably a permissions bug - try removing and re-adding someone see if it works

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I just tried removing one friend and then re-adding them. It asked me to verify my Apple ID e-mail address for some reason and then after I sent the invite notify me works on all my friends. The one friend I deleted hasn't even accepted it yet.

RxMac

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Hi all.

As the subject says. In the Find My Friends app, the Notify me button is disabled and therefore does nothing. Why?

I have an iPhone 5, so up to date with iOS6 and the latest Find My Friends app. My wife has a 4S with a clean install of iOS6 and the latest Find My Friends app, plus I have at least one other friend with a 3GS, fully updated etc. The Notify Me button is disabled for all my friends list.

Any suggestions?

The friends you are wanting notifications about must have updated to iOS 6 and also must have updated to most recent version of Find My Friends.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
The friends you are wanting notifications about must have updated to iOS 6 and also must have updated to most recent version of Find My Friends.

Both of those things were true for my friends in my case (I helped them all update) and still it would not show until I deleted and re-added one friend.

danielbrowning

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009

Sorry, I don't want to come across as rude, but it does say in the post you quoted that both of these requirements are already met.

----------

Ive found this too - but if I add a new person I can then activate notifications for that new person - it's probably a permissions bug - try removing and re-adding someone see if it works

Fantastic, thank you. I tried adding a new person and the error message I got indicated that the email address I was using for Find My Friends was not verified with Apple. Sorted now, thanks for the help!

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I found it useless. I was meeting a friend at a local pub and set it to notify me what he arrives. He shows up and I forget about it.

Literally 17-18 hours later at 5:41 AM it notifies me he's there, because he was driving by at same pub.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hi all.

Any suggestions?

I noticed it was disabled for some of my friends, but that's because they were on an older version of iOS.

For it to be enabled, the user you want to notify MUST be on iOS 6 and MUST have the new version of Find My Friends installed.

iHavequestions

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2011
Find My Friends "Notify Me" doesn't work!

I have iOS8 and so does the other phone. I had it set to notify me when the other phone leaves a location. But it never does What gives?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.