Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hellrider

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Pennsylvania
With a single user Mobile account, is it possible for me to have both my iPhone and, let's say, my mom's iPhone set up with Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe? Is this possible on a Family account?

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Yes, but all she (or anyone else) would have to do is go into the settings and flip a switch to access your .me email, contacts, calendars, and bookmarks.

edwardd20

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Naperville IL
I have MobileMe on my iphone (unlocked) & iPad and it shows up for find my iphone and iPad just fine. Maybe i am just lucky idk ?!?!?!?

On the me.com site, how do you select between the iPhone and the iPad? Perhaps I'm just missing something. Just curious, are you on the MobileMe mail beta? I am. I just looking for a connection or a work around. Thanks.

edwardd20

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Naperville IL
FYI - It is my iPhone that won't show up on the web. I restored the phone (iPhone 3G). I turned Find My iPhone off and back on to see if some internal setting was incorrect.

edwardd20

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
Naperville IL
I just got off the phone with AppleCare. MobileMe and Find My iPhone can only be used with 1 device at a time. If you have a family pack, you need to setup on account on the iPad and another on the iPhone. That doesn't work when you have 8 devices for 4 people with MobileMe accounts.

They suggested I post feedback to the MobileMe developers at
http://www.apple.com/feedback/mobileme.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.