Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wa2be

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
iOS 13.6. Yesterday I noticed that Find My is no longer able to locate my wife when I go to "People" in the app. If I switch to "Devices" instead, it can find her phone immediately. But under People, it gives me a spinning wheel for several minutes and says her location is unknown. We tried having her remove me from her list of people she is sharing with and then added me back in. We tried resetting our phones. Any thoughts on why it can't find her as a contact, but can find her device?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Going through the same thing here. My wife's phone can find me no problem. But I can not find my wife. Can find myself and my devices without any issues. I have tried resetting the network. I have turned location services on and off to no avail. It only showed up in 13.6 update. My wife and I are very knowledgeable when it comes to our phones but we have tried everything to no avail. I'm almost positive this is a bug in the update. I have reported it to Apple.

And it is not working on both my iPad & iPhone.

Last edited:

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
It happened to me also. I got it working again by signing out of iCloud. Rebooting and then signing back in. Not on my phone but on my husbands. Something was wrong with HIS gps.
PS : I had tried everything the OP did before hand.

wa2be

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2016
It happened to me also. I got it working again by signing out of iCloud. Rebooting and then signing back in. Not on my phone but on my husbands. Something was wrong with HIS gps.
How do you sign out of iCloud? Did you do this in the settings for Find My under Location Services or someplace else? Thanks!

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Settings - Apple ID - Scroll down completely -Sign out.
I’m not sure but I think I remember signing out of FindMy too.

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!

Tried all that with no luck. It will only work once that way and then it will not do it a second time. I'll just wait for ios 14 and my new phone when they come out.

Yptcn

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2012
Paris
Sorry to hear that ..Try looking up “How to reset gps” , you will find a few links that might help better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.