Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJny9956

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I have the weirdest happening to my finder.

If I click finder icon from the dock and navigate I am able to browse completely normal, open folders etc.

If I use shortcuts I run into problems. For example going to computes: Shift + Command + C. Opens finder window showing computer. This is where the problem starts, if I click on anything on the side bar or volume at this point everything opens in a new finder window!

Things I've done so far:
- repair permissions
- deleted finder preferences file
- restarted several times

Temporary relief is if I relaunch finder this problem goes away for few minutes or use Onyx to reset finder settings but again problem comes back if accessing finder items using shortcuts.

Wtf is going on?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I haven't seen that one.

Create a new temporary, new User Account and check the same behavior to see if you can narrow this down to your own particular User Account.

iJny9956

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Same thing happening as soon as I use shortcuts.

EDIT:

I've isolated the problem!

This only happens when using the computer via Remote Desktop. I've tested this on multiple computers with OS X 10.10 as my entire home runs on Yosemite. This issue is a result of Remote Desktop Client update version 3.9.0.

Once again apple released a buggy update, getting really tired of non stop updates and buying new computers so frequently.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.