Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaveWil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
Before Mojave when I clicked on the Finder dock icon it would bring forward a window or create a new window, now it does neither. I now have to right click and select new window or the window I want to bring forwards. Is there a way to change this behavior?

J.Gallardo

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2017
Spain
Before Mojave when I clicked on the Finder dock icon it would bring forward a window or create a new window, now it does neither. I now have to right click and select new window or the window I want to bring forwards. Is there a way to change this behavior?
I didn't know about this feature; tnx for the tip, as in my mac with 10.14 clicking on Finder's Dock icon does open a new finder window (the one selected in Finder's preferences; perhaps you should check this).

DaveWil

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
I wonder what is different about my system. I may just reinstall if I can't find a solution.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I wonder what is different about my system. I may just reinstall if I can't find a solution.

try some simpler things first, like changing dock settings, or finder preferences. or try deleting com.apple.dock.plist or com.apple.finder.plist from the USER library preferences; log out/in (or reboot); see if any of these things help.

Reactions: StellarVixen

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Yeah, it's usually cache/plist settings. My System Preferences does something similar, it starts minimized, so you have to click it twice, I am too lazy to investigate the root cause right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.