Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Stupid forums. :/ Sorry, posted before I finished typing. Very odd.

Is anyone else having the same problem as me with file selection in the Finder in OS X 10.4.3? When a file is at the bottom of a metal Finder window in List view, and you go to select it, sometimes (but not always) you'll end up with that selected, as well as a bunch of other files below it. It seems to occur when a window is sized in just such a way that the line for that file is completely exposed, perhaps the top of the next selection area is just in the window... I'm not quite sure. In any event, it's quite annoying, as occasionally I'll go to double-click some file (or worse, application) at the bottom of a window, and suddenly I've launched 7 or 8 documents in 3 or 4 applications (or 8 different applications) because of this weird bug.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
To resolve this problem, you will have to double-click on the text name of the file. When you do not click on the text the Finder will only select it. And if that file is at the bottom of a window, then it will go into scrolling select mode and select everything below the file.
Click on the text and you'll have no more problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.