Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trpt61

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
I don't understand what Apple is doing in its recent updates to both MacOS and iOS. The previous view showed previews on top, and a list view on the bottom where I could change the sort order and knew what was going on. Now it's a mystery. It's certainly not intuitive any more. I don't get it. It seems that Apple has taken a page from Microsoft's book of change changing things for the sake of changing things. This is a step backwards.

I happily welcome anyone who can point out the benefits as this would restore my faith in this once amazing company. Please prove me wrong.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
?

Presumably the point of Gallery View is for browsing a folder based on its contents' previews, like a folder full of images – it's great for that. I prefer it to Cover Flow because it shows full-colour images using more of the available space without any of the glitz, clutter and processing overhead of all that 3D rendering.

If you want a list you can sort based on parameters with a preview of the selected file visible, why wouldn't you just use List View (View > As List) with the Preview pane visible (View > Show Preview)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.