Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordiclive

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2024
This is infuriating me. I have lots of desktops open and like to have lots of things open.

When I double-click a folder, and it is already open, nothing happens. So I have to find where it is open on one of the desktops.

I just don't understand why anyone would ever want this and not be taken to the folder.

I can't seem to change this setting or find info online.

Mac Sonoma 14.1

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
This is infuriating me. I have lots of desktops open and like to have lots of things open.

When I double-click a folder, and it is already open, nothing happens. So I have to find where it is open on one of the desktops.

I just don't understand why anyone would ever want this and not be taken to the folder.

I can't seem to change this setting or find info online.

Mac Sonoma 14.1
I'm assuming you mean you have several Spaces when you say "desktops open". I do also. I like to have Finder and most small apps and utilities 'locked' to my Desktop 1 Space, so that Desktop 1 is automatically focused when I activate any of these.

So, to set Finder or any app to always open on a specific Space, right-click on the app in the Dock and select 'assign to' in the Options sub menu.

This works well for me, as most of my other Spaces are fullscreen apps.

This might not be directly relevant to the OP's issue, but might be useful anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.