Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
UK
While I was watching the Keynote yesterday. I noticed that when the Finder windows were open. I could not see the + symbol on the upper right hand side (which we have now on Mavericks for to open a new tab).

For the people who are using Yosemite. Has the Finder Tabs feature been removed?

yeldarbnamdlog

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
While I was watching the Keynote yesterday. I noticed that when the Finder windows were open. I could not see the + symbol on the upper right hand side (which we have now on Mavericks for to open a new tab).

For the people who are using Yosemite. Has the Finder Tabs feature been removed?

In DP1, The + button only appears when there is more than one tab open, and to open a new tab you have use CMD+T, or right-click/control-click on another folder, to open it in a new tab.

It seems a bit of a dumb move, to hide the new tab button until more than one tab is open...I hope it's just an oversight or a feature that will be changed, in the next build.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
UK
Thanks for the reply.

Glad to see the Finder Tab feature is still there. I agree its a bit dumb hiding the new tab button. Hopefully it will be re-added in a later build.

I'm just wondering if the 3 finger swipe (to go back or forwards in a Finder window) gesture will be re-added in Yosemite. This gesture was removed in Mavericks, but previously in Mountain Lion this gesture worked.

yeldarbnamdlog

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
I actually stand corrected.

There is an option in the View menu, in the finder, that says 'Show Tab Bar'.

That brings it back even if you only have one tab open.

Fatboy71

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
UK
I actually stand corrected.

There is an option in the View menu, in the finder, that says 'Show Tab Bar'.

That brings it back even if you only have one tab open.

Thanks for the update, glad to see the Finder Tab feature remains :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.