Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
I love my Mac and OS very much! :) But there are few details that keep annoying me for years. On of them:

Why is it not possible to make the settings for Finder stick to all Finder windows for good?

- For some reason "Use as Defaults" doesn't transfer settings to all Finder windows.

- To be particularly clear, choices like what columns I see (size, kind, data added etc.) and icon size doesn't transfer to all Finder windows. Simply put, it doesn't become "default" after I hit "Use as Defaults" button.

Again and again I browse the internet for the answer, but instead I just find many more complaints of this kind with no real answer.

Did anyone solved this problem? Can you share the secret? :) Thanks in advance!

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Sorry for the problems.

Personally, have not seen this re columns, etc. Might try: bring up Finder window, setup what you want to see, close the Finder window, bring up a new one.

For me, see window placement being off from time to time (not just Finder: Terminal, Safari), and this seems to get things back to square one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.