Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zlloyd1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2016
When I open the Finder now, for some reason, there is no search bar anymore….
Also, it always opens a new Finder windows, every time I click to open a folder, and this is also new behavior.It did not used to do this, it opened any folder that was inside of another folder in the same window, it did not open an entirely new window for every folder.
Can anyone tell me what has changed please?? I have included a screenshot of what it looks like now, which is a new design, and I would love to get the search bar back somehow. Also, there is a screenshot sowing what it used to look like, which I would like back.
This also happens whenever I open a folder, from the desktop, or elsewhere. There used to be a search bar in the upper right, but it is gone now??
Please explain this for me....

What it used to look like -
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.49.33 AM.png

What it looks like now -
Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 12.46.14 AM.png

Have the settings for the Finder window changed somehow, and why??
How can I reset the Finder app. to defaults please??

Please explain this for me, and thanks in advance!!
[doublepost=1542089772][/doublepost]Alright, I figured out what was happening with the Finder, and it is all back to normal....
Sorry to bother everyone!!

zlloyd1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2016
Go into Finder's View Menu and click on "Show Toolbar".

Thank you, but as I wrote, the problem turned out to be the folder itself, and not the settings for Finder, so I believe the problem is taken care of....
SO, I just deleted the folder in question, and moved what was inside of it to a new folder.
Still, I appreciate the help :):apple::)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.