Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Hey all you MR folks. :)

As discussed a bit in another thread, I am creating a real estate oriented Keynote presentation that will be exported to QuickTime, burned to CD's, and mailed out along with a business related flyer and my personal contact information. This particular presentation is along the lines of selling yourself vs. listing your home with an agent, but it needs audio.

Other agents have similar presentations that are rather ugly, far too busy, and as far as audio goes, no music, just cheesy sound effects that either make me laugh or cry.

What I'm looking for is the right kind of music to go along with the show, but I'm not an artist in any way, I don't even know what I'm looking for.

This is where you come in. :)

Please help me find a good audio sample to loop (or simply play if it's long enough) in my presentation. Keep in mind that I will NOT be there when this is played, and the presentation requires user input to continue past certain points, so I cannot give you any insight as to the length of the presentation itself.

I suppose it could be jazz music, some kind of elevator music, probably not Britney Spears, KISS, or 2pac, if you get what I'm saying... ;)

Thanks in advance!

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
so you basically need royalty free samples/loops/jingles....

without going too overboard, i would just try out the various loops in Garageband, if you have iLife 06, garageband 3 includes many jingles ect..

You can access these loops without having to even open garageband in your HD>Library>application support>garageband>apple loops folder

just try out the loops in Quicktime, and find some that you like.

As for how you are going to apply them to your project, that's up to you.

Good luck

:)

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I'm not really going to apply them in any way other than just playing something soft in the background.

I'm not sure if I have iLife '05 or '06. I'll see what I can find. Thanks!

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
someguy said:
I'm not really going to apply them in any way other than just playing something soft in the background.

I'm not sure if I have iLife '05 or '06. I'll see what I can find. Thanks!

If you bought your Mac within the last 6 months or so you should have the current version of iLife I imagine.

Either way, you'll have loops in that folder, just maybe not the "jingles.."

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I don't have that folder, period. I have /Library/Application Support/GarageBand.. then nothing of what was mentioned.

EDIT: Spotlight revealed /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand/ :D

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Yeah, none of these are cutting it. Besides, I think looping a 10-second audio clip for more than 2-3 minutes would drive potential clients insane. ;)

Anyone know any good jazz tracks or just something you think might sound good behind a serious slideshow?

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
someguy said:
Anyone know any good jazz tracks or just something you think might sound good behind a serious slideshow?
surely you're not advocating using music illegally, right?

there's some corporate music (and others) available for purchase here. if you don't wanna pay, make yer own.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
zimv20 said:
surely you're not advocating using music illegally, right?
Are you trying to be a smartass? When did I say anything about not paying or using music illegally? Why is it people just assume that? Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just download the mp3 in LimeWire and then put it in my presentation, maybe burn it on 1,000 CD's and sell them all for cold hard cash. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks, I'll check that link out. Probably just what I'm looking for.

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
zimv20 said:
no. at no point did you say you were willing to pay.
I didn't. I was unaware that I had to, I figured it kind of went without saying if I was going to use the music to my own financial benefit.

Didn't really find anything I cared for at that site you linked too, maybe I'm just too picky. :eek:

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
someguy said:
I figured it kind of went without saying if I was going to use the music to my own financial benefit.
you're more of an optimist than me, then. or maybe i'm just used to all my cheap friends :)

someguy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
zimv20 said:
you're more of an optimist than me, then. or maybe i'm just used to all my cheap friends :)
:p

Well, I just can't seem to find something that sounds right playing in the background. Any ideas from anyone at all? I know a lot of you make presentations here and there, never any music?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.