Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slip Jigs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I'm finding it somewhat less than optimal browsing for apps in the iPad and in iTunes. It's to the point where it really seems I'm missing something. if not, then something needs to change!

I like the iPad app store because it does give you iPad only apps first, and the categories are good. But there seems to be a limit on how many will display. At first I thought that that was the entire category, but I found out there were more apps. Searching in iTunes is even worse - it seems that all the apps are jumbled up together.

Does anyone have any handy tricks for app searching?

(oh, one thing I tried is just googling for various search terms with ipad, then just searching the store by name - that helped somewhat)

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Yeah, I was kind of annoyed and disappointing with the iPad App Store app.

Choosing a category only gives some apps in a few featured sections, but no option to actually view all the apps by say rating, release, etc.

Even worse for games category where there are sub categories, like racing, rpg, that you can't look at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.