Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BraXzy

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2022
I'm still fairly new to the world of all things Apple, watch and accessories included. I had a vague understanding of Apple's seasonal cycle of colours for everything but I guess I didn't realise how final the switch was when it happened until recently.

I've been looking for new straps / bands to get beyond my original sport band. I think I'd like to start with a Sport Loop, but I'm not sure I like any of the colour ways that are in right now.

Outside of eBay, is there nowhere else that sells new official bands from past seasons in the UK? Surely there's a surplus each cycle.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I just went through this thought process earlier today. The surplus thing kinda blew my mind actually.

Luckily I found the one band I was after, a size-6 Solo Loop in Pink Chalk to match the Pink Chalk Silicone Case I have coming (along with Starlight 2022 SE). There was one available on eBay 😅 felt like a score.

Does the sketchy eBay vibe make you squirm? Or would you just like some other options as far as places to shop go? Because as much as I’ve at times had great luck with eBay I understand the latter camp completely: having efficient, more “official” retail stores from which to acquire new surplus bands would be amazing.

Wish I could be of more help…sadly I‘m not even in the UK :(

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Any retailer that sells official Apple accessories will more than likely have recently discontinued bands. I know some of our UK friends have had good luck with CeX and I have heard of years-old colors still in stock at TK Maxx stores.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
CEX is a good place to try but can be very hit and miss with the quality. TK Maxx gets a random selection once in a blue moon, and not in every store. EBay is by far the best bet here in the U.K. more and more resellers are getting hold of old (and often very rare) bands and selling them for very cheap. So much so I’m reluctant to buy any bands at retail anymore and just wait for eBay deals.

forzagaribaldi

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
London, UK
The leather link I posted yesterday was from mymemory. Found on hotukdeals as there was an additional discount code to get final price. I’ve had quite a lot of success on ebay too, both new and second-hand

Reactions: RPhoto
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.