Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Companies that require a graphic designer, usually ask/expect that one of his qualities must be awareness of the logo trends.
How can the designer learn what the logo trends are and be prepared and educated over the latest logo trends?

Last edited:

TheOtherAndy

macrumors member
May 20, 2018
Outside Milwaukee, WI
Under Consideration | Brand New is a blog that I used to follow. They went to a subscription model awhile ago, and I sort of lost track of them...always meaning to go to the site and subscribe, but always forgetting. Thanks for the reminder. They are an EXCELLENT source, and you can even pay what you want to subscribe.
This is what I was going to suggest as well. They basically just post reviews of company logo/branding redesigns. Some of them are very thorough and involve changing the look and feel of everything in the company, others are just the logo.

They also have a yearly conference.

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Logo Lounge also produce a yearly trend report that’s pretty good and free.

Awareness of logo trends could be as simple as once a month grab a coffee and just google “Logo Trends”. You’re find a load of recent articles from Adobe and other great sources.

Reactions: zoran

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Do your own market research. Behance, Dribbble, designboom, look up news articles of new logo unveiling... basically gather info anyway you can, compile it altogether. Summarize the findings in 3-5 key words with explanations and examples on a single slide. Show your stakeholders. Wala you just learned a semester of graphic design school.

erigoevents

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2023
Do your research and gather all the information related and stay updated to the latest logo trend, experiment and practice a lot. understand the shapes or geometric, which is useful of today's trend of logo making.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.