Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolkowski

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hi, I have two iPhones with continuity enabled. Whenever I have missed call, I have notification on both phones. Is there a way to find out which phone (number) was really called and which just was ringing because of receiving continuity connection?

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Didn't even know two different phone number can connect using continuity. I thought it was only from phone to mac, ipad etc. Not phone to phone. Are you sure this is what's happening?

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
You might be able to setup 2 contacts one for 1 number and another for the other
Then when you see the call it will say John A called Phone1

Instead of what you have now (John A called iPhone)

apolkowski

macrumors regular
Original poster
If the caller is on my contact list then it is no problem. I know from which phone to call back (private or business). The problem starts if the notification shows a number which is not listed in my contacts. Then I do not know from which number to call back. I try to avoid calling my business partners from my private phone.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Didn't even know two different phone number can connect using continuity. I thought it was only from phone to mac, ipad etc. Not phone to phone. Are you sure this is what's happening?
Something similar is happening to me.

I got an i7 a few weeks ago to replace my i6. The i6 still sits on my desk, in a dock, while I figure out what to do with it. I didn't wipe it. It still has my iCloud, music, messaging, mail, etc., on it. All I did was move the SIM card over to the new i7.

The i7 sits on a dock beside the old i6 and whenever a call comes in, both phones ring. I always just answer on the i7 and the i6 stops ringing at that point.

It seemed strange at first, but I guess that's continuity?

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Does the missed call show up in the Recents of the Phone app on the phone that got the notification via continuity?

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
How? If this list is synced, both will have the same info.
My mistake. I think you're right. I was thinking you'd asked how to find out which phone number called you, not which one of yours was called. For that I think you'd have to look at your cell phone call record.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
My mistake. I think you're right. I was thinking you'd asked how to find out which phone number called you, not which one of yours was called. For that I think you'd have to look at your cell phone call record.
Yeah, assuming the OP uses two different numbers on both phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.