Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
So far, I find the FineWoven case to be comfortable to use. As others have mentioned, body oils and such, my hinder its longevity.

However, I have noticed the lip (the edging) around the screen seems to be a tad bit tall, no? When I swipe from the bottom of the screen, or even from the top to get to the Control Centre, I often have to do it twice or so. My thumb seems to get caught on the edge of the FineWoven case.

Thoughts...

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
I think I noticed this too. Actually, if I look down from the top of the phone to the charging port, I can see a gap of light between the lip of the case and the phone by the charging port. Do you see that?

Didn’t see this on my leather Apple cases.

Also my charging port opening is way off center which is impacting certain USB C cables I purchased.

Reactions: S7anley

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Actually, if I look down from the top of the phone to the charging port, I can see a gap of light between the lip of the case and the phone by the charging port. Do you see that?

Also my charging port opening is way off center which is impacting certain USB C cables I purchased.
Question 1: no, I don't

My USB C port is a little off in the case, too. Alas, am not that too fussed, as I typically use wireless charging. Then again, I guess I should test a charge with the cable, just to see...

MM301

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2020
Question 1: no, I don't

My USB C port is a little off in the case, too. Alas, am not that too fussed, as I typically use wireless charging. Then again, I guess I should test a charge with the cable, just to see...
My CarPlay is wired hence my concern. Otherwise, yes, just MagSafe it.

I posted in another thread but I’m not loving the FineWoven on the phone. Not talking about the hysteria of durability that I’m seeing posts about but it’s a lot more slippery than I’d prefer. The leather cases would start out like that but at least you knew the end game.

Likely not keeping this case anyways.

umbrokhan

macrumors regular
May 13, 2016
England
I think I noticed this too. Actually, if I look down from the top of the phone to the charging port, I can see a gap of light between the lip of the case and the phone by the charging port. Do you see that?

Also my charging port opening is way off center which is impacting certain USB C cables I purchased

My finewoven case got a very small gap at the bottom I can see from an angle the charger hole.
The speaker and microphone holes are not in the middle.
The finewoven case can easily slip out your pocket when sitting down on a chair.
It Feel’s premium and side feel good also.
Finewoven case has the best buttons I ever used on a case. Very slim design.
I like the fabric feel more than leather.
Price is Very expensive for recycled materials.

About the gap at the bottom of the case can see from an angle the charging port.
Is the case faulty or normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.