Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I am finding that a lot of the time when I tap my fore finger and thumb to open an app that it registers as a long tap and Delete App box appears. Similarly, when I'm using the keyboard I tap my fingers for a letter the alternate characters appear above. What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: G5isAlive

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Having an intermittent problem when selecting an app to run. Tapping an app icon is supposed to run it while touching and holding the app icon will give the delete option. A few times I have had the problem that just tapping the icon didn't run it but gave me the delete option. No way to run the app. Seemed to happen only on the apps which I installed rather than the pre-installed ones. It did eventually clear.

Wondering if anyone else has seen the problem and has an immediate workaround.
Have also seen the alternate characters appear.

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Are you tapping by quickly touching your fingers together and then immediately opening them? It sounds like you may be lingering too long with your fingers closed. Also, when you open your fingers after touching them together you may not be separating them enough to register as just a click rather than a click-and-hold.

Practice makes perfect!

PTVMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Are you tapping by quickly touching your fingers together and then immediately opening them? It sounds like you may be lingering too long with your fingers closed. Also, when you open your fingers after touching them together you may not be separating them enough to register as just a click rather than a click-and-hold.

Practice makes perfect!
I think you're absolutely correct. It takes practice for sure.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
You might also try going to Settings and going through the eye setup process again. When I switch between my glasses and contacts I’ve got to do it sometimes or the UI doesn’t respond right. It only takes a minute …..

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
If you’re keeping it you might also want to try the latest developer beta. If not it’s probably worth finding out if you can still return it with the beta loaded and if so try that. The UI has seemed better in tuned with the way I use it after I bit the bullet and installed the beta.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
iOS allows adjusting the touch duration for long press in Settings. If visionOS doesn’t have an equivalent setting, they’ll probably add one in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.