Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inmnbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
Chicago and Twin Cities
So after a shaky start with my MacMini I am now using it the production environment. I started and completed my first song and video production on the Mac Mini without any problems. The rendering of audio and video was fine (albeit not a complicated video) with the standard video card. I have an I7/32gb/2TB system running Logic Pro and Final Cut and I was very happy with the results. I am also using the 34" Samsung wide TB monitor which improved the workflow.

You can check out the video and song here:

F-Train

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2015
NYC & Newfoundland
I'm going to assume that you posted this expecting comment.

I want to preface my comment with a quote from your web site, which I think sums up the situation:

I consider myself a technology enthusiast first and a musician second.
This is not a video. It is a song presented with a slideshow as a background, presumably because you wanted to put it up on YouTube instead of SoundCloud.

As a song, and sticking strictly to a technical issue, albeit a pretty basic one, I think that you should have a talk with the person that you got/hired to mix and master this about separation between the instrumental part of a song and the vocal.

Over the last few weeks, you made clear, in post after post, your requirement that the Mac mini meet high, indeed professional, standards, and talked, among other things, about your need for an eGPU and an expansive monitor, and your use of professional applications like Logic and Final Cut. There was complaint after complaint about whether the mini met your working style on issues like Bluetooth range. Indeed, you had one sent back.

Let me point out the reality. This song/slideshow could easily have been produced on the cheapest computer that Apple makes with software that comes free with the operating system.

For me, this is a lesson in how seriously to take, or rather not take, anonymous posters on an Internet forum.

Last edited:

inmnbob

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 6, 2014
Chicago and Twin Cities
Why all the sudden hate F-Train? I said it wasn’t a good video test but it was a good test of everything coming together in a project and a legit song.

And as I read your response again let me ask you...who the hell are you to question me or anyone on this forum and our contributions. Who made you the boss You seem to have a pattern of this in your responses— and now your name makes more sense. Take the F-train out of here!

Last edited:

harriska2

macrumors 68000
Mar 16, 2011
Oregon
Song and video production. “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.