Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
How do you like these chassis? I’ve been thinking about getting one for my G30.

What caliber is the banana? ?

I’m such an idiot. In my last post I responded to something you weren’t even asking about hahaha…

These chassis are fun and definitely make the pistol a sure shot but ONLY if you get the aluminum rail. However, these things are toys, really. The tabs for the mag slots break easily so using the spare mag slot is a waste, so I modded a magazine and seat it flush in there so now it’s like a carrying compartment for spare batteries and stuff.

If you want something more serious, don’t get this particular one. Aside from the spare mag slot though, it IS a toy, but it can definitely be used in a serious defense situation. I say if you get one for an M&P wait for a sale. Any other pistol, go with another brand. The chassis Revision just came out with for the glock is really cool. Get THAT one.

Reactions: AlumaMac

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
My backpack gun. 300 blackout take down with a 5.56 configure front end. This thing is so versatile and shoots like a laser gun. The red dot is zeroed for both calibers from about 15-35/40 yards without any real noticeable variation in accuracy. Currently messing around with different set ups until I'm satisfied. Certainly a fun toy, but practical none the less.

FullSizeRender.jpg

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My backpack gun. 300 blackout take down with a 5.56 configure front end. This thing is so versatile and shoots like a laser gun. The red dot is zeroed for both calibers from about 15-35/40 yards without any real noticeable variation in accuracy. Currently messing around with different set ups until I'm satisfied. Certainly a fun toy, but practical none the less.

View attachment 1997928

Looks great. I need to get me one of them.

Reactions: vemac575

CodeRaven

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Florida
DO it. One of my funnest and even fastest rifles.
I’m mainly a pistol person, but I must admit that I am intrigued by that build of yours. Any parts/manufacturers you can recommend, if I attempt something like this? Of my few “long” guns, I just bought a manufacturer’s offering, never attempted ‘parting’ one together.

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
I’m mainly a pistol person, but I must admit that I am intrigued by that build of yours. Any parts/manufacturers you can recommend, if I attempt something like this? Of my few “long” guns, I just bought a manufacturer’s offering, never attempted ‘parting’ one together.

It'd be my pleasure to help you out and witness you build one, if you do.

A couple of things right off the top; There is another adapter to detach the front assembly, a couple actually but one of em sucks real bad, it's called the "LEO Takedown". That one is a lot faster to take down. On mine (Cry Havoc QRB), you have to undo two clips, pull the charging handle all the way or just a tad back, then pull off. On the leo takedown, you just pull the ring back and pull the front off.

It IS faster for sure, but not by much. I can change the front assemblies in 20 to 30 seconds. The reason why I went with the QRB first, is that it's way tougher (Air Force uses em for their fighter pilots if they have to eject). Also, it has a pin that protect the gas tube. I'm going to use the leo takedown in my ar10 DMR build in 6.5 CM or 308, not sure. But that build is gonna be nice cause it's gonna be a 20 inch barrel for marksmen type rifle but then I can change to a 12.5 for CQB.

If I had to pick right this second, I'd go with the QRB again.

Now another thing I learned wasn't optimal, the hard way, was the lower with the build in folder. The buffer is proprietary, so using certain shorter stocks is pretty much a no go. I wanted a shorter buffer tube but that required a shorter buffer, so I actually just permanently modified the proprietary one into a short one. So I can't go back to a regular size buffer tube without buying another buffer. No big deal, really, but I'm not going back anyway. Oh, and if I decide I want to go with that really short maxim brace, I can't at all because I can't remove the folder.

So, in short, use a regular receiver and then buy the folder if you want it. It's plenty more expensive but I think it's worth it for the convenience. With the Law folder, it comes with that BCG extension so you can use pretty much any buffer.

Other than that, I'm not really sure what else to recommend, but if you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

PIC THREAD: Some M&P love

IMG_9705.jpg

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012

View attachment 1997928
Mind sharing your build? I'd love this in a 5.56 option.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS

View attachment 1997928

That is a SWEET set up!!

PSA had a great sale on a 300 AAC today .. darn thing went OOS just as I was punching in my CC info ( Argh....!!!!! )

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
That is a SWEET set up!!

PSA had a great sale on a 300 AAC today .. darn thing went OOS just as I was punching in my CC info ( Argh....!!!!! )

Thanks man. That sucks that you missed out. What was the price? You going to get one eventually?
I second that!!

I'll compile a parts list when I have some time and check back in.

Reactions: dinggus

mmyers0520

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
USA
I've been an armorer for over a decade but have just now gotten a lot more into LR/PRS. Here's my intermediate to long range builds:

Tikka T3X TacA1 (all that's left at this point is the action and bolt)
22" Proof 6.5 Sendero Barrel
Rugged Radiant 762 Suppressor
Spuhr SICS Chassis
Spuhr ACRA Slider
TBAC Bipod
Murphy Precision Scope Base
Spuhr Scope Mount
Spuhr ACI
ZCO 5-27 MPCT3X
MDT AICS 6.5/308 magazines

52585192414_b01c38c5c2_b.jpg

Ballistic Advantage 14.5 SPR Barrel
Radian Builder's Set
Radian BCG
Arca section and pic rail for bipod/trippod
Vortex razor 1 to 10 MRAD
Badger ordinance 1.7 Mount with 35° offset arm and DeltaPoint pro nv
Surefire 640 scout df
Geissele SDC trigger
Emassary development hand stop
PWS receiver kit
52565800641_d539a28f5e_b.jpg

52656788942_17c691e423_b.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.