Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cactusface

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2015
Leicester. UK
Hi,
Having once again changed from a PC to an old Mac pro 3.1. Is there any way I can inport or carry over all my email addresses and bookmark from the old PC machine?? Some say just copy the default folder, but I don't know. And where on the Mac pro is the Frefox/Thunderbird default folder on the Mac?

If worse comes to it I will have to print them out and enter manually.
Any help or ideas very welcome, I am running El Capitain.

Regards

Mel.

pb69

macrumors member
May 5, 2017
New Mexico
Hi,
Having once again changed from a PC to an old Mac pro 3.1. Is there any way I can inport or carry over all my email addresses and bookmark from the old PC machine?? Some say just copy the default folder, but I don't know. And where on the Mac pro is the Frefox/Thunderbird default folder on the Mac?

If worse comes to it I will have to print them out and enter manually.
Any help or ideas very welcome, I am running El Capitain.

Regards

Mel.

Hello.
I believe I can help you.
The simplest and easiest way to transfer your bookmarks is to use Firefox sync. Not only your bookmarks but your settings, extensions, login name and passwords. Sign into it then choose what to sync. I sync everything but history and open tabs. When you run Firefox for the first time on your new MP sign into sync then after a minute or two you will have your bookmarks and whatever else you chose to sync just like on your previous Mac. You must sign Ito and setup sync on your old Mac first.
At least since El Capitan your username library folder is hidden. To access it you click Go on the finder menu bar then hold down the option key and you will see Library appear in the list. Click it and you be in it. The Firefox folder is inside Application Support.

Reactions: owbp
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.