Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appledrone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Devon, UK
I upgraded my 1st gen o2 locked iphone to 2.0 last night through the direct link (thanks to those who posted instructions). I live in an area where we dont pick up edge (just get a blue square next to the signal indicator), when I go into the city this changes to read EDGE in the box.

After upgrading the little blue square has a round white hole in it. Any Ideas why, anyone else noticed this? Also I have been able to download numerous apps over the standard cell network with no wifi. I thought it was only available thorugh wifi or 3g. Anyone know any different?

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
You can download apps up to 10MB off the cell network. Anything over is WiFi only. As far as why you can do it on EDGE, obviously AT&T has no effin' clue how to tell the difference between your phone on EDGE and 3G because they would be smart to offer an EDGE data plan to people nowhere near 3G.

robpow

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
I noticed this as well, presume the new dot icon is just a replacement for the old square.

cloudbreaker

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Other firmware 2.0 funnies

I've noticed the little dot icon too. I think it just replaces the empty square when there's no Edge or Wifi.

Has anyone noticed after the 2.0 update that the lock sound no longer works for them? My iphone still makes a sound when using the slider to unlock but no longer makes a sound when you hit the top button to lock.

Any ideas?

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I've noticed the little dot icon too. I think it just replaces the empty square when there's no Edge or Wifi.

Has anyone noticed after the 2.0 update that the lock sound no longer works for them? My iphone still makes a sound when using the slider to unlock but no longer makes a sound when you hit the top button to lock.

Any ideas?

Mine sounds still work. Try a reset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.