Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
I plan I buying my first iphone when the new one comes out at WWDC 09, but I just wanted to know what accessories people bought first for their iphone.

I plan on getting a bluetooth headset (since I never had one. Current phone is a Nextel i850). Looking at the Jawbone 2 or Jawbone Premium, whatever its called now. I also plan on getting a Zagg Shield for it when the new design comes out. I got a $150 Best Buy gift car from Christmas that I plan to finally spend on this stuff.

Just want to know what everyone else got, or is planning on getting

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
Case (actually I bought 3 of them and settled with CandyShell)
Screen protectors (but have ended up using none at this time)
Car charger (model sold at AT&T store)
Imax IMP500 battery charger (allows me to recharge iPhone over 4 times before needing a recharge.)
Movie wedge (it's a stand for the iPhone)

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
I guess I should buy a car charger too. I hear about the battery life of the iphone and that its something to be desired.

whitney8O8

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2009
As soon as I got mine, I took it to get an invisible shield on. I know you said you were going to get one from best buy but my local mall had a kiosk selling them and if you have one- it is WAY easier to have them put it on than doing it yourself.

I bought the apple headset, a car charger.
I also just bought the first "official - apple approved" iPhone FM transmitter- the DLO transdock micro from amazon.

:)

earth.mark.two

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2009

I got the Speck PixelSkin and a PS Crystal Screen Protector. The case was okay, very loose, and the screen protectors sucked.

But I eventually went and got a Switcheasy Capsule Rebel, so there was two screen protectors in there. Both are wonderful.

Other than that, nothing yet.

By the way, battery life is great if you turn off 3G and Location Services when you aren't using them. :)

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
As soon as I got mine, I took it to get an invisible shield on. I know you said you were going to get one from best buy but my local mall had a kiosk selling them and if you have one- it is WAY easier to have them put it on than doing it yourself.

I bought the apple headset, a car charger.
I also just bought the first "official - apple approved" iPhone FM transmitter- the DLO transdock micro from amazon.

:)

I saw a video on Youtube about a guy who had someone else (Best Buy I think) put the shield on for a charge and it turned out bad 3 times. I know its not easy to put on, but I think I'll take my time and do it myself. My OCD might help when it comes to that.

I got the Speck PixelSkin and a PS Crystal Screen Protector. The case was okay, very loose, and the screen protectors sucked.

But I eventually went and got a Switcheasy Capsule Rebel, so there was two screen protectors in there. Both are wonderful.

Other than that, nothing yet.

By the way, battery life is great if you turn off 3G and Location Services when you aren't using them. :)

I'll most likely leave 3g on all the time, but not sure exactly what the Location Services is used for. Besides the GPS function I mean

titaniummd

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
Car charger and charger for the office
Case
Screen Protector
Holster

I saw a case that also acts as a battery to double the hours of use but I have to see how much that costs.

JCastro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I got a car charger, an incase case and a matte screen protector. I have since taken the case and the screen protector off. I love the way it looks and feels without it. Of course I have to be super careful with it.

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
I want to buy a Zagg body case for my iphone 3G S, since the dimensions of the 3G and 3G S are the same, do you think it would be a safe bet that I can buy the Zagg body case for the 3G and have it fit on the 3G S? The only thing that I think might be different about the 2 is the camera since the 3G S has a new camera which may be slightly bigger than the 3G.

This will be my first nice phone so I really want to protect it from day one and I don't want to get a case for it. This is why I want to get the Zagg.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I just preordered the 3GS and this will be my first iphone. I've already ordered an invishield to cover the glass and I ordered an Incase Slider for the rest. After it's protected, I can take my time with everything else. I've owned an iPod touch for a while, so I already have the iHome alarm clock and an FM transmitter/charger for the car. I think I'll be good to go on the 19th!

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
Don't know if anyone cares, but I just spoke with Zagg about an invisible shield for the 3G S and they said they confirmed it with Apple that the 3G and 3G S are identical in all dimensions which includes the camera. So if you want to buy an invisible shield for the 3G S, you can buy the 3G shield and it will match

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
i bought a couple of Griffin Wave cases before my iPhone came in preperation for it.

Turned out to be the worst cases i have ever bought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.