Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Hello All. Yesterday I finally received my apple watch. Thoroughly loving it so far. I do have a couple questions.
1. When you receive an imessage/text message, is there any way for it to just show that you received the message and not the body of the message?
2. I did see someone people had less than stellar battery life their first day or two, is this normal for all? I have had the watch off the charger for about two hours and with light use, I am down to 93%.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hello All. Yesterday I finally received my apple watch. Thoroughly loving it so far. I do have a couple questions.
1. When you receive an imessage/text message, is there any way for it to just show that you received the message and not the body of the message?
2. I did see someone people had less than stellar battery life their first day or two, is this normal for all? I have had the watch off the charger for about two hours and with light use, I am down to 93%.

7% in two hours is good at 3.5% per hour that would be over 24 hours of use. You will find you will play a lot when it is new so give it a few days and you will see the battery has plenty of power for most!

Email notifications are what they are and I do not think you can change what is displayed.

Reactions: acctman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.