Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
it seems like a bit much to just get a profile on aim, if it was a plug-in or something that was integrated with iChat moreso i might use it, but haveing a whole app just for the profile isnt worth the time for me, i know some people will find it useful though....

autrefois

macrumors 65816
It's not seeming to work with me. Sometimes the profile shows up, other times it doesn't. And if you try to update the profile too quickly, you get a warning (I guess AOL doesn't like people updating their profiles a few times in a row).

I think this is a great idea, I'll have to test it out more.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
good to know that iChat is improving.

I'll still be using Adium :cool:

wake me when iChat doesnt need hacks to have basics like profiles

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
x86isslow said:
wake me when iChat doesnt need hacks to have basics like profiles

Or adium doesn't need hacks to have basics like custom available status? :p (before the flames start, I use Adium as my primary. :))

Seriously, since I first got an AIM account when I got iChat and Adium, what is the distinction between the profile and the away/avail status? Is it just that the profile is constant regardless of the status message, or is it that you can view profiles even when the person is not logged into AIM? I can't find anyone on my buddy list who actually has a profile and is not logged in, and I've never used AIM itself so I'm not sure. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.