Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikefrommaine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
For the first time they took down the protective gates around the new Apple Store in Istanbul, Turkey.

I snapped a photo :)

Attachments

• IMG_1040.png
    IMG_1040.png
    5 MB · Views: 1,532

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
It seems like you are the one of the only people with info on this store so far. Interested to see the new pics.

I would love to visit the City once things get better. I had planned to hit it during my great Europe trip that was set to start in Spring 2020 but obviously never happened. Very nice city from all I have heard, and I always remember "It's nobody's business but the Turks!".

mikefrommaine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
It seems like you are the one of the only people with info on this store so far. Interested to see the new pics.

I would love to visit the City once things get better. I had planned to hit it during my great Europe trip that was set to start in Spring 2020 but obviously never happened. Very nice city from all I have heard, and I always remember "It's nobody's business but the Turks!".
I'm just someone who happens to live nearby and takes walks by the store every day. I'll snap some new pics soon and add them to this thread.

And yes you should visit Istanbul as it's a beautiful city :)

Burebista

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
Interesting choice of location. I have only been to Istanbul once (that might change soon), but it would seem something more central would be more logical, like Taksim square for example? Normaly Apple stores throughout Europe are very centrally located, in the main pedestrian areas

mikefrommaine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
Interesting choice of location. I have only been to Istanbul once (that might change soon), but it would seem something more central would be more logical, like Taksim square for example? Normaly Apple stores throughout Europe are very centrally located, in the main pedestrian areas
This is the 3rd store in Istanbul. There's also one fairly close to Taksim square in a mall called the Zorlu Center.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
I'm just someone who happens to live nearby and takes walks by the store every day. I'll snap some new pics soon and add them to this thread.

And yes you should visit Istanbul as it's a beautiful city :)
Add me to the list as well, I visited Anatalya, Konya and Cappadocia (including Kayseri and the hermit caves and underground cities) many years ago. Wonderful time and people. Not surprising a city the size of Istanbul would have 3 Apple stores. Take more pics once it is complete!

Reactions: mikefrommaine

mikefrommaine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2020
Add me to the list as well, I visited Anatalya, Konya and Cappadocia (including Kayseri and the hermit caves and underground cities) many years ago. Wonderful time and people. Not surprising a city the size of Istanbul would have 3 Apple stores. Take more pics once it is complete!
Will do. It's not quite done yet.

svanstrom

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2002
??
Looking forward to seeing more about how it develops. :)

How has Apple handled/been draged into/staid out of the political situation(s) in Turkey?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.