Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
So if you buy the mini your a fanboy ?

I see

No, but if you read someone else's valid opinion of the Mini and respond with the infantile, "You mad?", then you probably are.

----------

Engadget tests of the iPad mini resulted in around 12 hours of battery life. I wasn't expecting too many surprises, but that's a big deal IMO.

Ignore engadgets battery tests. They put video on a loop and let it go. It's not indicative of anything unfortunately.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Same as the iPad 2 ... 512 mb

Performance test were positive so I'm going to take a wait and see attitude.

It outperformed the iPad 3. Unfortunately neither review mentioned any tests that involved opening numerous web browser tabs, apps, chat sessions etc. I'd like to know how it handles that kind of load.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
No, but if you read someone else's valid opinion of the Mini and respond with the infantile, "You mad?", then you probably are.

----------

Ignore engadgets battery tests. They put video on a loop and let it go. It's not indicative of anything unfortunately.

I realize battery tests will vary depending on how you are using it, but if they use the same test on every device then it's still gives a decent indication of how the battery performs against similar devices.

Last edited:

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
It outperformed the iPad 3. Unfortunately neither review mentioned any tests that involved opening numerous web browser tabs, apps, chat sessions etc. I'd like to know how it handles that kind of load.

That is exactly my concern. Opening apps 3 seconds later won't be an issue for me, but the tabs might be.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
I realize battery tests will varie depending on how you are using it, but if they use the same test on every device then it's still gives a decent indication of how the battery performs against similar devices.

Yep, my only point is dont expect the value that they give you to be accurate. If you're just watching video on an iPad, you're going to get a lot better battery life than you will if you're browsing, messing with a few apps etc. I think the number Apple gives of 10 hours reflects "normal" usage.

----------

Don't get so sensitive

You mad?

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
Has the ram been confirmed ?

RAM isn't confirmed until the iPad mini gets an official tear down and then examined by iFixit/Chipworks. I'm hoping for 1GB, but I can manage with 512MB. Hell, the iPad 2 was blazing fast when I got it and never slowed down, so I expect similar, if not better performance out of the iPad mini.

----------

According to the reviews posted earlier, yes it only has 512mb.

Hasn't been confirmed until its torn-down.

PezRadar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
RAM isn't confirmed until the iPad mini gets an official tear down and then examined by iFixit/Chipworks. I'm hoping for 1GB, but I can manage with 512MB. Hell, the iPad 2 was blazing fast when I got it and never slowed down, so I expect similar, if not better performance out of the iPad mini.

----------

Hasn't been confirmed until its torn-down.

Probably is 512mb since all of the reviewers are claiming it is opening apps at the exact same speed as an iPad 2.

CapnJackGig

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2011
Probably is 512mb since all of the reviewers are claiming it is opening apps at the exact same speed as an iPad 2.

That's not a reflection of the ram. None of the reviews are mentioning opening a bunch of browser tabs, apps, music. That's where you'll see how much ram it has. If it's constantly reloading browser tabs, it's not improved over the iPad 2.

SR71

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2011
Boston, MA
That's not a reflection of the ram. None of the reviews are mentioning opening a bunch of browser tabs, apps, music. That's where you'll see how much ram it has. If it's constantly reloading browser tabs, it's not improved over the iPad 2.

Yep, exactly. Opening apps is all CPU speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.