Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Yesterday I had some issues with Messages not being forwarded to my iPad from my iPhone, which was installed on 13.1 from 13.0 yesterday. I also had issues with Notifications not coming up, and Reminders/iCloud not showing up. By the time I went to bed, the Messages were working again, likely kick started by a hard reset of my iPhone. Reminders showed up when I turned Messages in iCloud toggle off then on again, on my iPad. I started comparing Notifications that appeared on my iPad and iPhone, and where ones were missing, I ran the app on my iPhone. Most of the apps had their Notifications appearing.

My iPad was on Wifi and plugged in all night, as was my iPhone. We have a very reliable WiFi.

This morning, there are two new iterations of old problems. I got two successive Messages from the same person on my iPhone, and one showed up on my iPad, one did not.

Second, from the time I plugged in my iPad and went to bed, I did not get a single Notification on my iPad except from 2 apps. There are 7 notifications from 3 apps that appeared on my iPhone but not on my iPad.

This has been such a terrible software release, I am not sure what to do. Will this straighten out on its own, or do I need to restore from a backup and try again (or do something else - reset network settings etc.)? Anything like this seen in beta? Thanks for your help!

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
There are all kinds of screwy sync issues across Messages, Photos, Calendar, Music, Notes, Reminders & Mail being mentioned on these forums. I don't know how we establish if this is 13.x or iCloud more generally.

Personally the only problems I've noticed between devices are Photos not downloading fully, but I only have Messages sent to my phone so can't comment on that.

Reactions: donawalt

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Yes actually I have been watching my Photos (also sync'd by iCloud) and they have been perfect so far. What's troubling is there are no new devices in this, as of yesterday morning it was just an iPhone on 13.0 and an iPad on iOS 12.4.1 working fine (except no Reminders on the iPad as planned since they were upgraded in the iCloud, which was ok). We know iCloud has had some changes (the Reminders are in a different 'place' in iCloud, my Mac on Mojave won't see them until it is updated to Catalina), so maybe it is an iCloud problem that they are working on. I hope. It's amazing how much I rely on the sync working across devices, it really is an important selling point of the Apple universe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.