Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccalboni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
Just got a new Watch 4 but I'm having some issues pairing to my phone (which is iPhone 8 up to date).
When phone and watch are near, the pairing procedure starts on the phone. I can go through, alternatively, the pairing using the "dots cloud" or the one with manual code insert. After a few seconds on the following "pairing successful" screen, a popup message appears saying that communication between the devices wasn't stable and that I need to restart.

A couple of times I was able to select wrist and crown position, it started syncing but again failed after a couple of minutes of wait.

I tried restarting the phone and watch, resetting network connections. This happens with Wifi, Cellular and Bluetooth on, with or without wifi connected to a network.

One thing that I can't understand is why I can't pair using only cellular connection on. I tried moving outside the building, to stay outside the range of known wifi networks: in that case, the pairing can't even start: phone says I need to have a cellular OR wifi connection on (and bluetooth) but seems that without wifi I can't do anything. The same happens if I turn wifi off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: I had to roughly translate messages and labels since English is not my native language

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.