Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueflame

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2003
Studio City
ha!

I saw that plane wreckage a few years ago at universal, this was before anyone ahd even announced that they were making the movie. i had a special contract, that i got to walk around back there for a setup. it was really fun, since i had no idea what it was for. i just had to wait to see it in a movie. really makes you comprehend how much money movies will spend to create an illusion. they had like an entire city block as well, partially destroyed
andreas

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
yup, it was for at universal.. i got a lot more pics from there...its pretty cool..

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
EricNau said:
I was wondering the same thing.

BTW: Nice pictures

Agreed. The airplane was one of several towards the end that stumped me...I found it a bit surprising to see first named "Niagra", and then the rest shifted into "IMG_" names.

I know that I get lazy too, but making a more 'human friendly' name does go a long ways to helping your audience associate and connect. For example, the first shot is well-enough known to be Bridal Veil Falls, altough "Niagra" does help to quickly place it. Knowing that, then 507 is obviously Niagra too...Horseshoe falls.

644, 636, 637 - Badlands in South Dacota. Not far from Wall Drug Store :) Not necessarily well known enough...some people might get it confused with Bryce Canyon in Utah, particularly if you had 'golden hour' lighting instead of the mid day lighting that you had.

717 - very well known; Artists Point, Yellowstone Canyon, WY.

738, 743, 745, 751 - I'm inclined to say 'Not the Tetons', even though it would have logically come next from a south turn from Yellowstone. Where is this? It reminds me a little of Jasper NP in Canada.

777 on - - beyond my travels, so I pretty much no clue other than "a zoo", "somewhere along the California Coast", etc. The blue sky with the fog bank and bridge is a nice layout.

-hh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.