Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robooko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2022
Hello
I have 2 iPhones, I never do jailbreak, but at the moment I need to do It because I must call recording with several business partners. I have two questions:

a) Is jailbreak is safe for my iPhone, I think about buy a new iPhone for Jailbreak, and the second iPhone used for bank, crypto, etc, what is the community recommendation in this case?

b) which jailbreak rom is recommended? I need to jailbreak to use Cydia marketplace and install this app: http://ioscallrecorder.com/, is anyone using this app for call recording, or what others do you recommend?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I think you're likely to fail in this endeavor. Current iPhones come with iOS 15…for which there is no jailbreak.

Restoring iOS on any iPhone going back to the 6S and 6S Plus will give you iOS 15.

The last iPhone on which can currently restore iOS and jailbreak would be the 6 or 6 Plus. Those run a max of iOS 12.5.5 and it is "jailbreakable". iOS 12 is quite old now and you'd likely run into issues running some apps on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.