Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZigZigZiggin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Sorry for starting a whole new thread, but I just wanted eveyone to know there is a new case available for shipping.

This case is exactly what I've been looking for, and it says it will ship in 5-7 days. It's a little pricey (considering I can probably find it for $10 in a few months), but I really need something to protect the case (mostly in case I drop it). I think I'm going to order one, but I am concerned about a few things:
1. Can the belt clip be completely removed? It says the clip can be removed, but will it be completely flat in the back or will it have the little 'nub' where the clip attaches to?
2. Does the skin cover up some of the screen (If so, I can cut a little around the edges, but I would prefer to not have to do this)
3. Does the case cover the input/headphone jack or the on/off button on top?
4. Since the Wifi antena is covered, will this effect the Wifi signal at all?

http://www.zcover.com/zCover_Product_iPod_Touch.htm

zCover_iPod_touch_APT1ANIN.jpg

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
There are also cheap skins now available on EBay. $6 including shipping.

They come from Hong Kong, so will take a few days to deliver. I ordered one over the weekend, because hey, it's 6 bucks and I want to cover the back.

ZigZigZiggin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
There are also cheap skins now available on EBay. $6 including shipping.

They come from Hong Kong, so will take a few days to deliver. I ordered one over the weekend, because hey, it's 6 bucks and I want to cover the back.

Got a link?

Rogzilla

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2007
Sorry for starting a whole new thread, but I just wanted eveyone to know there is a new case available for shipping.

This case is exactly what I've been looking for, and it says it will ship in 5-7 days. It's a little pricey (considering I can probably find it for $10 in a few months), but I really need something to protect the case (mostly in case I drop it). I think I'm going to order one, but I am concerned about a few things:
1. Can the belt clip be completely removed? It says the clip can be removed, but will it be completely flat in the back or will it have the little 'nub' where the clip attaches to?
2. Does the skin cover up some of the screen (If so, I can cut a little around the edges, but I would prefer to not have to do this)
3. Does the case cover the input/headphone jack or the on/off button on top?
4. Since the Wifi antena is covered, will this effect the Wifi signal at all?

1-I would bet it will leave a nub.
2-It doesn't look like any of the screen is covered but I could be wrong.
3-Well, the page actually shows a headphone cord coming out of the bottom so I will say that is open...I think it may cover the sleep button BUT I think it may be thin enough that you could still depress it.
4-Really don't know anything about that.

You may want to consider how removable this thing is. Why? Because if you use the dock, then you will have to take it on and off. This is why I love my little leather InCase case for my 1st Gen nano. Slipped on and off and offered great protection. I personally LOVE belt clips so it works great for me.

The Destroyer

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2007
Toronto
Very tempting for me... I love the silicon cases for the most part as my iSkin Evo has been awesome for my 3rd gen iPod. I wanna pull the trigger on this one, but I still have a feeling it won't be "as good" a quality to what iSkin delivers in their upcoming product. I think I'm going to wait and see as iSkin's will be like, as it'll be around the same price give or take $5.

jepaz

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
USA
Jut ensure when you buy the touch silicone case, it should not cover the light sensor or least some light should pass through it.

mikesr

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
Fishkill, NY
5 - 7 Days ?

... This case is exactly what I've been looking for, and it says it will ship in 5-7 days....

I ordered one a few days ago.. Got this back:

09/27/2007
Order ID: xxxxx
Reference Number: xxxxxxx
Response Code: xxxx
Authorization Code: xxxx
09/28/2007 Pre-Order

I guess there goes the 5-7 days shipping.. Maybe 5 - 7 days once they have availability !!

If I knew it was a "pre-order", I would have waited or searched for something else that I could have in a few days. It doesn't say that on their website..

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
rubbish, takes away all the sexiness that comes with the touch.

It's not as bad as regular iPod cases, because the entire front is uncovered. Plus I just feel safer having at least a little impact protection, I don't trust myself. ;)

I will probably buy a better skin 4 months from now, when there are more options. My friend has a nice skin for his iPhone that actually looks very good.

thedarkhorse

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
Id be careful with the cheap ebay cases right now, by the pictures some of them just look like iphone silicone cases that were thrown on the touch and they look like they fit pretty loosely.

GrimmGreen

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
wow that zCover is really ugly , i'll just wait to see if Iskin releases one , my back up plan is Ifrogz for silicone cases , though i'm interested in the Iclear from Griffin also

now we play the waiting game

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
rubbish, takes away all the sexiness that comes with the touch.

I agree... what's the point of a sexy lean iPod if you are going to put it in a rubber shock absorber that makes it 2X the size.

Just get Invisible Shield and don't worry about scratching it then at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.