Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OfficialForecastBar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 2, 2016
I'm excited to announce the first app to bring Home Screen widgets to the Apple TV, called Forecast Bar for TV! The Home Screen widgets provide current conditions and forecasts along with gorgeous images for your most recent cities, all without ever needing to even open the app!

Available NOW in the Apple TV App Store (4th gen)!

8JXNhCE.jpg

Powered by the highly accurate and hyper-local forecast.io, Forecast Bar brings a beautiful, clean and simple interface to the Apple TV. With our unique iCloud Sync feature, all your locations and settings to automatically synchronized between your devices, meaning you’ll never have to use that tedious on-screen keyboard on your TV! It also features live video backgrounds to bring the weather to life!

Apple TV is just the latest platform now supported by Forecast Bar, which now includes support for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Both the Mac and iOS versions have been featured in Macworld and Lifehacker, and are consistently highly rated by our users.

You can see even more about Forecast Bar for TV at our website: http://forecastbar.com/appletv

Thank you, and we'd love to hear any feedback you have!

Last edited:

Shawzborne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2013
I'm excited to announce the first app to bring Home Screen widgets to the Apple TV, called Forecast Bar for TV! The Home Screen widgets provide current conditions and forecasts along with gorgeous images for your most recent cities, all without ever needing to even open the app!

8JXNhCE.jpg

Powered by the highly accurate and hyper-local forecast.io, Forecast Bar brings a beautiful, clean and simple interface to the Apple TV. With our unique iCloud Sync feature, all your locations and settings to automatically synchronized between your devices, meaning you’ll never have to use that tedious on-screen keyboard on your TV! It also features live video backgrounds to bring the weather to life!

Apple TV is just the latest platform now supported by Forecast Bar, which now includes support for Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Both the Mac and iOS versions have been featured in Macworld and Lifehacker, and are consistently highly rated by our users.

You can see even more about Forecast Bar for TV at our website: http://forecastbar.com/appletv

Thank you, and we'd love to hear any feedback you have!

Looks great

Last edited:

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Have to say, I really love your suite of apps. I have all of them now (well, except the one for the Apple Watch, as I don't own one yet!) and they all work flawlessly. You guys have done a great job developing in a relatively short amount of time. I really like having the same weather forecast and the same interface on all my devices - that's something I never could find before. Well done and keep up the good work!!

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
Strange that it doesn't seem to be a universal app. Doesn't it look and feel the same across devices?

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
So I have had this app, Forecastbar on 2 Apple TV 4's for over a year, probably since I first saw the post right here by the makers last March.

I really like the app and have had no problems, until 2 weeks ago.

Now on both Apple Tv 4's, every time I attempt to switch between different cities, the app crashes and I am back at the Apple TV 4 home screen.

I tried closing the app and also deleting it and then reinstalling it, same problem.

I tried emailing the makers, realcasualgames.com, to no reply...

I really like this app but at the moment it only shows the weather for whatever city I am in, which kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Realcasualgames, are you still out there?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Anybody

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I haven't had any problems with the app but am only using it on an iPhone 7+. However, after a year of using the app, it stopped providing information and asked for a $1.99 to continue receiving the data it provided. Not exactly the understanding I got from the developer when he answered my question in this thread from March of 2016.

It's still the best weather app in my opinion but it appears it's by subscription only. Not a big deal to pay $1.99 but it would have been nice if the developer revealed that up front.

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
I haven't had any problems with the app but am only using it on an iPhone 7+. However, after a year of using the app, it stopped providing information and asked for a $1.99 to continue receiving the data it provided. Not exactly the understanding I got from the developer when he answered my question in this thread from March of 2016.

It's still the best weather app in my opinion but it appears it's by subscription only. Not a big deal to pay $1.99 but it would have been nice if the developer revealed that up front.

So all this started (stopped?) after about a year also. I would pay the $3.99 again if I could figure out how to. When I deleted it, it was still was in my "purchased apps" so not sure how to even "buy it again" since its still there even when you delete it...

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
So all this started (stopped?) after about a year also. I would pay the $3.99 again if I could figure out how to. When I deleted it, it was still was in my "purchased apps" so not sure how to even "buy it again" since its still there even when you delete it...

If it's showing up in your "purchased apps", just download it again. You won't have to pay the $3.99. Although after using it for a year, it will remind you to pay up in order to keep receiving all the data it provides.

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
If it's showing up in your "purchased apps", just download it again. You won't have to pay the $3.99. Although after using it for a year, it will remind you to pay up in order to keep receiving all the data it provides.

I did download it again from my purchased apps. And the same thing is occurring.

My point is that if I was able to delete it entirely and then re-purchase it "fresh" I could maybe start off "clean" so to speak...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.