Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What feature do you use most on your Apple Watch?

• Fitness/Activity

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Notifications

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Weather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fashion

• Other

• Total voters

sdistaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Fit $, an iOS app, is still in beta and I'm looking for feedback. To become one of the first beta testers, please provide your email address and I'll keep you posted with updates.

Fit $ syncs to the Activity app, and users generate a digital currency as the daily Apple Watch fitness goals are accomplished. This currency can then be traded in for high-quality fitness and lifestyle merchandise.

I'm currently gauging interest for this app so if you have any feedback or would like to learn more, please provide your email address.

sdistaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
Thanks for the feedback lordofthereef and herious89.

Regarding the funding, although some items will be able to be purchased with just the digital currency accumulated through hitting fitness goals, other merchandise will be purchased with a combination of digital currency and USD. The goal would then be to show items for much cheaper than you would find them online only if you're willing to pay for the item in both the fitness currency and USD. Initially, I will be self-funding the items to see which categories have the most demand.

As for the catch, this app once working fully would operate like a marketplace, but with two currencies. And each item in the marketplace will be related to either fitness or lifestyle and will be able to be purchased through some combination of the two currencies. The goal is to start attributing a value to hitting fitness goals.

What do you think?

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Interesting idea.

Honest users and your marketplace sellers will ask how you'd prevent fraud.

sdistaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2016
The idea is that each Apple Watch has an accompanying Activity app on the iPhone which keeps track of the daily fitness goals.
[doublepost=1458235830][/doublepost]If you knew you could use your own fitness achievements to "purchase" fitness or lifestyle merchandise, what would be the first thing you would want to purchase?

bjet767

Suspended
Oct 2, 2010
To be able to buy something tangible with digital currency would mean someone has to put in real traded currency to actually buy the items. Who will be doing this?

What is the percent the house will take of the real money?

How much will app cost?

Remember Bitcoin, it the end the scheme failed because real/recognized money has to fund the digital money.

Do you actually have the app in beta or are you phishing for emails?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.