Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I know it’s early days but does anyone know if fitness+ links to any Bluetooth cadence sensors such as those from Wahoo.

Currently using the peloton app but might switch if it links to Bluetooth apps to show my rpm.

mikosk

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
Following this thread as this is a deal breaker for spin classes. I haven't verified it yet but read on CNBC that Apple doesn't track cadence or resistance in their cycling classes but rather leaves that up to the individual. If that is the case, I will stick with the Peloton app.

Wiggum

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
Would like to know this as well. I use wahoo products on my road bikes and pair it with the iSmoothRun Apple Watch app.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Following this thread as this is a deal breaker for spin classes. I haven't verified it yet but read on CNBC that Apple doesn't track cadence or resistance in their cycling classes but rather leaves that up to the individual. If that is the case, I will stick with the Peloton app.
Same here. I like that is shows my HR and cadence. Otherwise, you are flying blind and to be honest, if they leave the cadence to myself it will be WAY lower than needed :D

I use a Schwinn IC4 which has built in bluetooth cadence which links to peloton.

Plus I guess, the Fitness+ wont readout resistance as it varies per bike and I have a peloton to Schwinn conversion.

Plus, means giving up Olivia and Jess King ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.