Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajkessel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
I've been doing Apple Watch fitness competitions with a friend for a couple of years now so we have a long history -- over 100 matches. For the first time this week, his competition status is always showing 0 points on my end, and my competition status is showing 0 points on his end. We can see each others' activities, but the other person's points are always stuck at zero. This has been the case for nearly a full week.

There are dozens of forum threads discussing this topic here and elsewhere but no clear fix.

We've tried rebooting both of our watches and phones, upgrading the phones to iOS 17.2.1, and unpairing and re-pairing our respective watches to our respective phones. No change. My friend also logged out of iCloud and back in and that didn't help. I haven't taken that step yet as I don't want to lose the contents of my iPhone Wallet.

One online suggestion is to de-friend and re-friend each other but I believe this will result in us losing our years of history.

Any other ideas of how to fix? This problem seems common enough that it should be on Apple's radar but it seems to have been around for many years for many people without any clear solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.