Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlGrinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
We live at a trailer in the summer and have no wifi. We hotspot our iPads to our phones. My wife downloaded all her favourite Fitness+ videos to her iPad so she can workout at the trailer. After 2 or 3 weeks all of the videos say ‘Unable to play video’ when you try and play the workout. I can’t find anything online about this problem. Maybe people aren’t doing this so aren’t finding out it‘s an issue. Either way the solution I found was to go home to my wifi, delete all the downloaded videos, delete the app, download the app and then download all the videos again.

I have had to do this every 3 weeks or so. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with apple support and explained my issue to 4 different people and when the put me through to person #5 the cell call cut out. Apple support closed the case and never called back.

The iPad is connected through the phone hotspot on a regular basis so Fitness+ should have no problem keeping in touch with apple to verify billing status.

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and/or if the know a better solution?

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
We live at a trailer in the summer and have no wifi. We hotspot our iPads to our phones. My wife downloaded all her favourite Fitness+ videos to her iPad so she can workout at the trailer. After 2 or 3 weeks all of the videos say ‘Unable to play video’ when you try and play the workout. I can’t find anything online about this problem. Maybe people aren’t doing this so aren’t finding out it‘s an issue. Either way the solution I found was to go home to my wifi, delete all the downloaded videos, delete the app, download the app and then download all the videos again.

I have had to do this every 3 weeks or so. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with apple support and explained my issue to 4 different people and when the put me through to person #5 the cell call cut out. Apple support closed the case and never called back.

The iPad is connected through the phone hotspot on a regular basis so Fitness+ should have no problem keeping in touch with apple to verify billing status.

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and/or if the know a better solution?
I just tried one I downloaded from January ....no problems! Did you check to see if Apple was having any server issues? I've seen where some have taken a second or so to go from 'blurry' to HD on my TV .

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA

Just tried another and got 'Video is unavailable at this time' ! Hmmm...now I'm wondering as I've gotten that same pop up when trying to use a video in 'real' time! When that happened I assumed that too many were trying to access it at once ...which should not be a problem for a downloaded video! You (we) should also try posting about this on the monthly challenge thread.

Reactions: AlGrinch

AlGrinch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2021
Thanks Blowback, I couldn’t find the monthly challenge (new to the forum).

I should add that if I remove the download I can stream the video, problem is we have poor cell coverage and streaming pauses a lot or completely hang.

I suspect this is a bug that apple needs to know about. I’m not sure how many hours I’m willing to invest to end up speaking to the right person at apple support.

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
Thanks Blowback, I couldn’t find the monthly challenge (new to the forum).

I should add that if I remove the download I can stream the video, problem is we have poor cell coverage and streaming pauses a lot or completely hang.

I suspect this is a bug that apple needs to know about. I’m not sure how many hours I’m willing to invest to end up speaking to the right person at apple support.
You're welcome. I've posted but you can also better describe in your words. It's a good thread.
Forums-->Apple Wearables-->Apple Watch.

July 2021 Activity Thread​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.