Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
So it‘s been about A month and there only 5 45 min treadmill workouts.... they seem to add about one every two weeks, based on the date (some were made before fitness+ was released. They are going to need to add content much faster than that if they want to keep me past the free period.... Anyone doing a 45 min treadmill is not doing one every other week...

Reactions: davideotape

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
They are adding quite a lot of content overall each week. Although I get that for individual exercise types it is rolling out slowly. Unfortunately, this type of curated content will be like that given they are producing things like treadmill workouts for 4 different time periods.

Steve28

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
For example, If you like a particular trainer/music for your 45 min runs, there is only one workout for you. Two if you like Sam (which I do). Sam has two 45 min runs posted. The first was filmed November 2, the second one December 7. There's no way she isn't doing long runs WAY more than this. I would expect at least a new workout a week per activity/time combo. Ideally there would be a workout a week per trainer/activity_they_do/week.

People who do Peleton are not going to be swayed with their choice of 5 workouts TOTAL. They get to chose at least that per day.

ProfessionalFan

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2016
I agree, I expected the content drops to be more plentiful. There were only 2 new treadmill workouts total this week. A 30 minute one and a 10 minute one.

I do them every day so I am going back and repeating ones I already did and sometimes have done the same one 3 times at this point.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Honestly, I see Fitness + being about variety, not catering to those who do the same type of exercise, duration and do it daily. For that, Peleton is your best option, that is exactly what they cater for.

GreenLightLuke

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2019
New content every week.

I agree with @LeeW that variety is probably the route they are going down. I don't have a treadmill or access to one with gyms being closed, but found that their HIIT, Core, Strength and Yoga content is plentiful and always something new to do every week.

Reactions: LeeW

davideotape

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2012
I guess i have to get used to reruns but im not a big fan of fitness so once i find a 30/45 minute exercise i like i usually run it into the ground until i burn out then try some new. With that i really do wish the treadmill and cycle classes reupped 2-3 times a week. Im hoping theyll grow content as their userbase does.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I got an notification yesterday to advise some new Cycling content had been added, it was highlighted in the Cycling list with a "New" icon over the workout so looks like stuff is being added.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.