Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walterhpdx

macrumors member
Original poster
I've been using Fitness+ using my Apple Watch Series 4, iPhone 12, and AppleTV 4K (all with the latest software) since December and haven't had any issues - until recently. For the last few weeks whenever I do a workout, almost always a HIIT workout, it drops between 2 and 4 minutes from being recorded, even though my heart rate sensor on the screen and watch indicate that my heart rate is being measured, etc.

Today was the worst. I started a 20 minute HIIT workout, but 4:25 into it, and my exercise was at zero. I figured why not stop and reboot EVERYTHING, so I did. And once everything was up and running again (and my heart rate was actively being captured on my watch), I started the same 20 minute workout again.

At the end of my workout, I'd done 4:25 of HIIT (first workout), 20:47 of HIIT (second workout) but Apple Fitness only recorded 16 minutes. In all, it threw out 8 minutes of my workouts, for no reason.

WTAF is going on? My watchband is tight, and my heart rate is being monitored (you can see it in the heart rate section of the screenshots below), so that can't be it. This is starting to sour me on Fitness+.

Attachments

• Workout summary.png
    Workout summary.png
    663.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 4.25 workout.PNG
    4.25 workout.PNG
    515.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20.47 workout.PNG
    20.47 workout.PNG
    539 KB · Views: 73
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.