Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Watch and TV were stuck on the white spinner and even though the watch was popping up with the Connect button, they just wouldn’t jive.

Fixed by resetting Bluetooth connection. Sorry I blew up.

Last edited:

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I am on watchOS 8 since two weeks and used Fitness+ several times without any issue, so I don’t believe that it’s generalized to everybody on the beta. But yeah, that’s the risk that we have to be willing to take when jumping to a beta OS. I recommend you that you report the bug to Apple, if it isn’t already done. Maybe the next beta (which can be pretty soon) will correct that.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
A friendly FYI. Sure wish I had known this before deciding to go beta. Guess I’m canceling my membership.
Isn’t that the risk you run with any beta?
Me personally, I will just not run a beta OS on a device that I am dependent on, eg phone, watch, my main computer… I do have Monterey installed on my laptop…
It would also be more helpful if your title would include the word “beta” and maybe even the version…

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
I am on watchOS 8 since two weeks and used Fitness+ several times without any issue, so I don’t believe that it’s generalized to everybody on the beta. But yeah, that’s the risk that we have to be willing to take when jumping to a beta OS. I recommend you that you report the bug to Apple, if it isn’t already done. Maybe the next beta (which can be pretty soon) will correct that.
Thanks for your response. Are you running the TvOS beta as well?

Isn’t that the risk you run with any beta?
Me personally, I will just not run a beta OS on a device that I am dependent on, eg phone, watch, my main computer… I do have Monterey installed on my laptop…
It would also be more helpful if your title would include the word “beta” and maybe even the version…
Yes, I’m familiar with the risks considering I’ve been doing it for the past ten years. This forum has always been an excellent resource for checking compatibility ahead of jumping and I saw nothing mentioned regarding this. iOS 15 has been running beautifully on my 12 Pro so I figured why not.

I think it’s probably safe to leave out beta in the title since, ya know, 8 isn’t available except in beta.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal

Yes, I’m familiar with the risks considering I’ve been doing it for the past ten years. This forum has always been an excellent resource for checking compatibility ahead of jumping and I saw nothing mentioned regarding this. iOS 15 has been running beautifully on my 12 Pro so I figured why not.

I think it’s probably safe to leave out beta in the title since, ya know, 8 isn’t available except in beta.
I figured you were familiar with betas so I didn't mean to "lecture" you, just that there are so many people on this forum who are not that educated, and that is also the reason Mentioned putting beta in the title, because at some point watchos8 will be released and your post is still here, and plenty people just jump on threads without reading the contest ...

No, not running any other betas, while I have 2 previous gen ATV4k I didn't see compelling reasons to try it out.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada

Yes on tvOS 15 too and I’ve used Fitness+ on it without issues

andrewstirling

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2015
A friendly FYI. Sure wish I had known this before deciding to go beta. Guess I’m canceling my membership.

Seems a bit of an overreaction. A new beta will probably be along in a week or so. I’m sure you don’t need me to say this but jumping in on the first available beta of a major points release is a bit of a gamble!

Reactions: Knowlege Bomb

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
US
Seems a bit of an overreaction. A new beta will probably be along in a week or so. I’m sure you don’t need me to say this but jumping in on the first available beta of a major points release is a bit of a gamble!
It was absolutely an overreaction. I had our new puppy screaming in the background as I was updating the Apple TV to 15 because I tried to step away for a quick workout so yeah, I freaked a little.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.