Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 26, 2020
Hi All,

I'm trying to get 2 screens, mirroring the Fitness workout.

Here is an idea - I understand with the new macOS, that the Mac would be able to have fitness+ 'airplay' access.

A few questions, in order to get 2 screens:

1) Does Monterey mean showing the video on 2 screens now? I.e. the MacBook and the iPad?

2) If I have the iPad plugged into the tv, can I view on the MacBook and the TV?

3) Or is there some other variation needed for this to happen? (E.g. The MacBook plugged into the TV...). Gosh getting complex

Reason why I want 2 screens:
This Double screen mirroring was very useful - as my other half and I were too close together in front of 1 TV and kept banging into each other. So I placed the iPad away to the right for me to have a separate screen, so we could stand further apart.

I've even posted a separate post specifically asking about the iPad, as I use to be able to mirror 2 screens for apple fitness in the past:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/fitness-how-do-i-mirror-screen-on-ipad-and-tv-again.2322434/

Hope you can advise
Martin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.